CHICKEN SWISS ROLL-
I am sure you would be astounded to hear the name “Chicken Swiss Roll “. Are you ready to try something new?
If yes, then here we are introducing a roll with the goodness of proteins and a lot of rich source of Vitamin C for you. It’s not an average cake but something new to look upon.
It is said that Swiss roll got its origin from central Europe. It’s a hardcore belief of the entire foodie world is, if it’s a Swiss roll it is going to be sweet. A sweet spongy roll of cake and cream inside with lots of fresh fruits/jam.
so be ready for our twist.
Here we are going to give that typical sweet dessert a total U-turn and we are going to make it out of chicken, eggs and yes some white sauce with typical Italian seasoning, that too with a just 1tbsp of oil and a glaze of orange and honey.
Let’s get into the nutritional values of the core ingredients we used here-
Chicken– A reach source of protein, in fact, the major source of protein of all non-vegetarian diet conscious people. Apart from that, it has lots of minerals too.
Egg– It is a superfood with an excellent source of pure protein and many more fatty acids.
Orange– Rich source of vitamin C, and antioxidants which help in better immunity and glowing skin.
- 300 grams chicken breast (ground into a paste consistency)
- 3 eggs
- 200grams of fresh spinach
- 1tsp Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tbsp pepper powder
- 1 orange
- 2tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tsp corn starch
- Toasted sesame(for garnish)
- For white sauce-1tsp all-purpose flour½ cup milk2tbsp cheddar cheese1tsp parmesan Italian seasoning
- Salt as per taste
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Take the chicken in a mixing bowl. Add salt, 1tsp pepper powder, 1tsp garlic powder, onion powder and mix nicely
- Blanch the spinach and squeeze out the excess water and grind it to a puree.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and add salt, 1tsp pepper powder, the spinach puree whisk to make it light and airy.
- Heat a non-stick frypan/iron skillet.
- Brush oil on the surface and pour the eggs and make a thin omelette.
- In the same pan add 1tsp olive oil and add the all-purpose flour and cook it on low flame for 1 min with continuous stirring.
- Slowly add in the milk and stir continuously with a whisk to avoid lumps.
- Once the milk starts to thicken add in the Italian seasoning and cheese(both cheddar and parmesan)
- Mix it properly till you get a thick sauce.
- Boil water in a deep flat base pan.
- Put a 1.5 feet long aluminium foil on the kitchen platform, and grease little bit of oil on it.
- Put the chicken on it and spread it evenly in a rectangular shape. The crust should not be very thin or very thick.
- Spread the white sauce on it, and then the spinach egg omelette sheet on the sauce.
- Carefully roll the chicken so that it does not break or crack at any part of its surface.
- Seal the edge and the edges of the roll with chicken. And seal it in the same aluminium foil (exactly the way we see the twisted chocolate wrapper).
- Put the roll (foil wrapped) in the boiling water. Simmer the gas and cover it.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile squeeze out the orange juice to a pan, add in 2tbsp of dark soya sauce and cook it with continuous stirring.
- Add salt and 1tbsp of honey to it and mix.
- Add a little bit of corn starch slurry to the glaze for thickening and remove the pan from flame.
- Take out the chicken roll from the foil and put it in the glaze and coat it nicely.
- Cut into slices and garnish with toasted sesame