COCKTAIL PIZZA CUPS-
Only thing that can make your Saturday happening and healthy is my Cocktail Pizza Cups ????
Wait, guys! Before you start thinking about some alcoholic party shots, let me clear that out, my pizza cups contain a cocktail of berries and fruits????, which is super-duper healthy and delightful for them who want to binge on to somewhat sweet without indulging onto any sugar.
Well, if we get into the history of pizza, the pizza got its origin in the 18th century. Then the chef ofQueen Margherita of Savoy invented the most famous dish” Pizza Margherita ” to honour the Queen. That pizza included 3 colours in it representing three colours of the national flag of Italy.
Anyways we are not going to make a savoury pizza neither we are going to use all that cheese or all-purpose flour/Maida in our pizza.
We are going to make a dessert course!!! Yes, you heard it right and that too we are not even going to give it the shape of a typical pizza. This beautiful yet colourful cups will win your heart.
With all this suspense let’s move onto the nutritional values of the core ingredients of the dish.
WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR-
A better source of daily carb instead of all-purpose flour in our pizza dough with lots of fiber, minerals, and minerals.
The cranberry is best known for its role in preventing urinary tract infections. It is said that he polyphenols in cranberries may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Even the nutrients in cranberries may help slow progression. The proanthocyanins in cranberries are beneficial in oral health.
A super-food, which reduces DNA damage, which helps in slower ageing along with cancer prevention. Being the king of antioxidant foods, it protects your body from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage your cells and contribute to ageing and diseases, such as cancer. It may help in maintaining the good cholesterol level in the blood which can reduce cardiac diseases. It has anti-diabetic properties and help in maintaining brain health.
These are a great source of many antioxidants, including beta carotene and vitamins A, C, and E. They are high in flavonoids, which have been shown to protect against illnesses, including diabetes and heart disease.
Let’s get into the recipe now –
pizza cups recipe-
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (Atta)
- 2tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4th teaspoon of dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon of sugar (to activate the yeast)
- 1tbsp of honey
- 1tsp of olive oil
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4thlukewarm cup milk
- 3tbsp of lukewarm water (to activate the yeast)
For the filling –
- 2tbsp dried cranberries
- 2tbsp dried blueberries
- 2tbsp chopped dried apricot
- 1/4th chopped apple
- 1tbsp Chopped roasted almond
- Pinch of salt
- Activate the yeast by putting it in sugar dissolved Luke warm water. Mix it nicely and after 5 mins you are going to see bubbles on top of the mixture. Now your yeast is activated.
- Take the whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl. Add the yeast, milk, oil, salt.
- Mix it with a spatula for 2 mins.
- Once the dough comes together, take it to the flour-dusted countertop. Knead it for 5 minutes.
- Flatten it on the dough with fingers. Add in the honey.
- Again, knead it for another 5 minutes and you will get nice elastic dough.
- Grease the wall of a large glass bowl with a little bit of oil.
- Put the dough into the bowl. And brush little bit of oil on the dough surface and cover the bowl with cling wrap.
- Let the dough rest till it gets double in size.
- Take out the dough to a kitchen counter. And roll out a not so thin or not so thick base. Cut out 3-inch diameter circles by a cookie-cutter.
- Line the cutouts on the inner walls of silicone muffin moulds.
- Take blueberries, cranberries, apricot in a pan with half a cup of water.
- Cook it on low flame covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped apples.
- Add the salt and mix it nicely.
- Cover and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- You will get a thick sauce with partially crushed softened berries in it.
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake the lined pizza cups on 180 degree Celsius for 3-4 minutes in a preheated oven. Take them out.
- Put the berry sauce into the partially baked cups and now bake it for 10-15 min on 250 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven.
Serve with chopped roasted almond and a sprig of mint on top.