Pancakes with mushrooms!
Sounds bizarre, right???
But yes, that is why I am here… to make you feel good about the diet in fact life can be wonderful with such gorgeous dishes with awesome flavours.
Basically, it is a savoury pancake with a beautiful blend of simple seasoning and a superfood too. All I can say, what we are going to experience is spicy no oil pancake.
Let’s get into the nutritional factors of the key ingredients.
Mushrooms-Mushrooms are low in calories, great sources of dietary fiber and protein (good for plant-based diets). They also provide many important nutrients, including B vitamins, selenium, potassium, copper, and (particularly when exposed to the sun) vitamin D.
Gram flour/ Besan- Helps Lower Cholesterol. Gram flour contains healthy unsaturated fats which help in lowering the cholesterol level of the body. It’ a great food for diabetics. Moreover, it is a super diet for all gym and diet freaks like me.
Let’s get into the recipe-
- 8-10 finely chopped button mushrooms.
- 1 cup gram flour/ besan
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 green chillies(finely chopped)
- Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Juice of half lime
- 1tsp of chilli flakes
- 1tbsp of freshly ground roasted cumin powder
- 1tsp soda bicarb
- 1tsp of turmeric powder
- 1tsp of carom seeds/ajwain
- 2tbsp curd(beaten)
- Water required to adjust the pancake batter
- Salt as per taste
- 1tsp olive oil
- Add one 1tsp olive oil in a non-stick pan/seasoned iron skillet.
- Add the mushroom and stir nicely with dash of salt n pepper. Don’t overcook.
- Now transfer it in a plate to cool it down.
- Take the gram flour/besan in a mixing bowl.
- Add the mushroom, cumin powder, chilli flakes, lime juice, salt, onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, ajwain/ carom seeds, turmeric powder, soda bicarb, ginger and curd.
- Mix all the things and add water to adjust the consistency.
- Let it stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush the non-stick pan/ iron skillet with a little bit of oil and add 1 ladle of batter.
- Cover the pan. Cook for 1 min of medium to low flame
- Now flip the pancake and cook it it’s done.
Enjoy with your favourite chutney or with a simple mixed pickle.