Drumsticks! Yes, please????
That’s me when I hear juicy, tangy and full of flavours – Tangy Drumsticks.
This dish is one of my personal favourites. It has a perfect blend and balance of flavours. This dish is one of the quickest chicken recipes which I love to have in a lazy monsoon or winter lunch. You can have it as a starter but if you are a diet conscious like me then you will enjoy it in one of your major meals.
So, without wasting much time let’s get into our usual practice which is to share the nutritional factor of the key ingredients of the dish.
What more I can say about this ingredient? We all know how important source of protein and mineral chicken it. Chicken is the major part of any weight loss diet plan as it fulfils the daily protein requirements.
Tomatoes are the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, and vitamin K.
- 3 Chicken drumsticks
- 1/2th cup tomato puree
- 1/4th cup tomato ketchup
- 2tbsp red chilli sauce
- Salt as per taste
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped roasted almond
- Marinate the chicken with salt and garlic powder for 10 minutes.
- Put the pan on the flame from low to medium.
- Now grease the pan with oil.
- Add the chicken into the oil and sear it with continuous stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tomato puree, ketchup, chilli sauce and mix properly.
- Add 1/4th cup of water to it and cook it covered till the chicken is nicely cooked.
- Take off the lid and cook on medium flame till the sauce gets a nice coating consistency.
- Put the almonds into the chicken and mix well.
- Garnish with thin almond flakes and sprig of fresh mint.