Our favourite beverage, Tea, just got a new face with this particular dish. You all must be assuming it to be something really fancy from the name itself. Yes, you can say that the level has surely gone up and it does involve a little bit of technique to cook and execute with perfection. And as all of you belong to “Myinsanekitchen” family, I personally believe we do deserve to savour something a little more exotic apart from those regular stuff. Let’s get into the process now.
Before we proceed to the nutritional factors of this dish, I want to emphasis a little bit about the technique that is involved in its preparation. It includes seeping, boil concentrate, steaming etc. And to help you all out, I am going to make it easier for you to understand the process and even execute properly in your kitchen.
Let us move into the health benefits of the core ingredient of the dish-
BUTTER PEA FLOWER– it is not so famous flower as a food product. Usually known for the beautiful bright blue colour of it, has lots of health benefits which include, improving eyesight, improve hair growth, improve skin health, high concentration of flavonoids and other antioxidants. It is used as an Aphrodisiac to treat menstrual problem from ancient time. It is one of the few ingredients in the world which has anti-HIV properties and lots of other properties.
EGG WHITES– This is Cholesterol-Free, pure form of high-quality Protein. Being a Low-Calorie Food it helps in Helps In Maintaining Blood Pressure. And Lower The Risk Of Cardiovascular Diseases. Apart from all these essential factors egg whites contains many Essential Vitamins.
For the sponge-
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2egg white
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4th cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 3tbsp butterfly pea flower concentrate ( homemade)
For the meringue frosting-
- 1egg white
- 1 ½ tbsp of icing sugar
2 tbsp of butterfly pea flower concentrate for topping.
- Break the 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Put the olive oil, milk, sugar into the bowl.
- Beat with an electric beater till nice n creamy.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda into the bowl and mix with cut and fold technique.
- Add the butterfly pea flower concentrate into the batter.
- Line a mould with butter paper and pour the batter into it.
- Get a steamer ready.
- Put the mould in the steamer and steam for about 15-20 minutes or till the sponge is done.
- Take one egg white in a bowl and beat it till its fluffy with at medium speed with a beater.
- Once you get a fluffy airy consistency increase the speed to high and whisk till you get soft peaks
- While increasing the speed gradually add the icing sugar into it.
- Once you achieve the glossy consistency with soft peaks, your frosting is ready.
- Let the sponge cool down and cut it into your desired shape and top it with 2tbsp of butterfly pea flower extract and on top of it the meringue frosting.
- Use a blow torch to caramelise the meringue
Serve and enjoy with pride…