VEG SHAMI KEBABS-
It is said that ShamiKebabs got its origin from a toothless Nawab of Lucknow who was not able to eat meat chunks. As he did not want to miss out the flavours of the meat the Kebabs were invented by his Khan Samas. It’s a result of sheer intelligence and hard work of the chef so that the Nawab can relish the delicacy and am sure he must be amazed by the output in the form of Kebabs.
It is believed that, he was so overweight that he could not even ride on a horse. Oh, which is not so funny, is that?
I would say NO!
Here I present the procedure of gorgeously cooked succulentShami kebabs with a vegan twist with just 1tsp oil and with all the goodness of flavours and an amalgamation of spices.
- Chana dal/ Split Bengal gram/ Chickpea , which is an excellent source of Protein and Carbohydrates
- Almonds are loaded with Antioxidants.
- Blend of masalas to satiate your taste buds.
- 2 cups split Chana/Bengal gram (overnight soaked)
- 10 almonds(soaked overnight and finely chopped)
- 1tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1tbsp green chilly paste
- 1tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2tbsp cumin powder
- 2tbsp Kashmiri chilly powder
- 1/2tbsp garam masala powder
- 2-3 tbsp roasted gram flour/ besan
- 1tsp lime juice
- 2tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- salt to taste
RECIPE FOR KEBABS-
- Put the soaked chana dal in a pressure cooker with water and salt. Now turn the flame on, till the chana dal is done (don’t overcook).
- Drain the water properly and cool down the boiled Chana dal.
- Now blend along with all the ingredients (except the roasted besan) till you get a nice paste-like consistency (don’t add water).
- In a mixing bowl, transfer this paste.
- Add the roasted gram flour gradually and mix (not with a spatula as the legends say we Indians have flavours in our fingers ).
- Now try if you can make Kebabs shape balls(if you can’t make a Kebab shape in the first attempt then don’t worry, you are not the first one to commit that sin????.)
- Take a non-stick pan or a seasoned iron skillet(which I prefer).
- Heat up the pan and pour 1tsp desi ghee/clarified butter or oil on the pan and brush a bit.
- Slowly put the kebabs on the pan and cook on medium flame till one side gets a lovely golden colour (don’t flip it again n again with secretiveinquisitiveness???? )
- Cook the other side of the Kebabs as well.
- Viola, am sure you will love the aroma while cooking.
- They did melt in my mouth ????